Style 101 – Learn the basics of developing your own personal style
- 100 years of style – a brief history of Coco Chanel
- Questions and answers you might want to know
- What is style?
- Where do I begin?
- How do I purge my closet?
- How do I develop my own personal style?
- What is a capsule wardrobe?
A few months ago I became interested in fashion again. For a long time, I had lost interest. My sense of style and fashion had disappeared. But luckily I regained interest. Style began with Coco Chanel in her own exact words
“Fashion fades, only style remains the same”
Chanel was one of the most influential designers of her time—even a woman who has never bought an original Chanel piece is sure to own something that was inspired by the iconic designer. She gave us style and fashion. The creator and designer of the
- Double “C” logo
- Chanel Suit
- The “
- The Chanel Purse
- Ladies pants
- Costume jewelry and last but not least the famous
- Chanel NO.5 perfume created 1920
- It is more than fashion and clothing.
- It shows the world who you are and how you feel about yourself
- It is the first step towards self-worth and confidence.
Remember how hard it is to dress in the morning when you don’t feel like facing the world? The effort you put into
Where do I begin?
You invite me for a girl talk to your house. We talk about fashion, the new trends, and all the clothes you should buy to be in style without breaking the bank. We go to your closet. I open it and what do I find? A mix of all colors, floral prints, stripes, squares, blouses with ruffles, etc. There are even clothes with the price tags still on them. Sound familiar? How long has it been since you purged your closet? DO IT NOW!!!.
How to purge your closet?
Overwhelming? Yes, maybe! No worries!
I thought that I was good at keeping my closet up-to-date, purging unnecessary items until I got hold of the book ” “
To my surprise, I had been doing it all wrong. We are not so different after all? Are we?
Maybe you can start to purge your closet on a yearly basis.
5 easy steps to purge your closet
- Clear your closet, and I mean CLEAR
- Empty shelves, closet rods, bare the walls and clear the floor
- Store everything on your bed
- Make four piles
- Give away
Keep the clothes you can’t live without. Give away things you can live without. Don’t think “maybe I can still wear this?” Clothes you have not worn last year you won’t wear these this year. They just take up space in your closet until the next purging event. Get rid of them! Make a pile for damaged garments. such as missing buttons, torn hems, broken zippers, torn jeans, etc.
Sort out the clothes that require a tailor. – Even your $600.00 suit won’t look awesome if not tailored properly. Tailoring is worth every penny. Believe me!
Check for lost buttons, broken zippers, tear, etc. Repair these items. Don’t put them back into your closet until properly repaired
Five easy steps and you are done. You have an organized closet and you can develop your own personal style without any confusion.
How do I
develop my own personal style?
Developing your personal style is not as daunting of a task as you might think. There
Look through magazines and identify different styles. Classic,
How to wear what?
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
That’s how you begin – A Capsule Wardrobe
- Camel Blazer – Navy skirt, beige sweater, white blouse, blue button down shirt, nude shoes
- Grey pants – Beige sweater, white blouse, blue button down, light blue sweater
- Jeans – Camel blazer, blue button down, white blouse, beige , light blue sweater
- Black Pants: white blouse, camel sweater, black turtle neck, black sweater, beige sweater, light blue button-down shirt, red shoes, black Mary Jane shoes
- Navy pencil skirt: Ecru silk blouse, light blue blouse, White t-shirt, camel blazer
- Accessories: black patent leather wide belt, brooches, scarves, long necklace, choker,
What is a capsule wardrobe?
First a bit of history. I love history and little tidbits, and here is one you can share at any party The expression “capsule wardrobe” was actually coined by Susie Faux, the owner of a London boutique called “Wardrobe” in the 1970s. According to Faux, a capsule wardrobe is a collection of a few essential items of clothing that don’t go out of fashion, such as skirts, trousers, and coats, which can then be augmented with seasonal pieces. Wikipedia
Maybe after reading the previous tips, you feel better developing a capsule wardrobe and your personal style. Hopefully, I was of some help to you.
I don’t like to go shopping, so before I venture out, I have an exact list with me on what to concentrate. I am too busy to go window shopping. I make my list doing an inventory of my closet. I select a piece of clothing, and I add a new piece to my capsule wardrobe.
Thank you for reading this post. I hope that you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you. Please sign up and let us get to know each other.
Take care and be safe
This post contains