Savon de Marseille (Marseille soap) to the Rescue
Traditions and Beauty Secrets of a world-famous soap.
Welcome! I am glad that you are here because I am going to tell you about a soap you can’t live without. A soap you can use as a tough cleanser and a gentle beauty product. It is a soap that lasts and last. I have used this amazing product extensively for many years and have learned to love it as the best soap in the world.
” This post contains
Many years ago, during my numerous visits to southern France, I found a little ancient, dreamy, village with a small general store. In that fairy tale
How to use Marseille soap for cleaning
Marseille soap is ideal for cleaning. Grated, shredded Savon de Marseille or blended, Savon de Marseille can be used in a variety of ways at home, such as a laundry detergent, a powerful stain remover for stubborn stains, or a natural and eco-friendly pest control solution. Plus, it lasts twice as long as ordinary soaps.
Marseille soap in the Bathroom
- Grout: Apply white Marseille soap on a toothbrush and scrub your floor and tile grout. Do not add water. Use a soft flannel cloth to wipe off the residue.
- Soap and grime residue: Apply white Marseille soap on a damp sponge or rag. Rub down the bathtub, let dry for a few minutes, and rinse with hot water
.The result isa shiny white bathtub. Optional: Add baking soda for extra strength.
- Make-up brushes: Cleaning your makeup brushes should be a monthly ritual. Liquify Marseille soap (”melt and pour” method.) Add some olive oil and your brushes are restored to new life.
Marseille soap all natural laundry soap
Grate or us
- 1 cup of shredded Marseille soap
- 1 gallon of boiling hot water
- 3/4 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar ( acts as
- 30 drops of Lavender essential oil
Melt shredded soap in boiling water, stirring until melted.
Add baking soda, vinegar, and 30 drops of lavender essential oil. Stir again. Pour into 1 Gallon container
What is Marseille Soap?
Today, Savon de Marseille (Marseille soap) is famous throughout the world
- 72% olive oil
- Mediterranean Sea
- French Green Clay
“This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”
Five ingredients – that’s it. No animal additives. Savon de Marseille is 100% pure and natural, a zero-waste soap. It’s great for everybody, even vegetarians and vegans. The soap is hand-crafted in Marseille, France. The recipe has remained the same for hundreds of years. However, in today’s world other oils, such as palm and coconut oil are used. This all-purpose, all-natural soap is a staple in French households and is used for showering, bathing, and cleaning.
A totally versatile and amazing soap, but sadly the soap was never patented or trademarked and thus is being copied in China and Turkey.
This is The Real Deal
- Dark green (olive oil) is especially gentle and amazing for hair and skin…even ideal for your baby
- Ecru (yellowish-beiges) (palm or coconut oil) is a little stronger
- The original soap comes as a square block
Whitishpowdery overlay is common (Mediterranean sea salt)
- Blocks are stamped (200g, 300g, 600g,)
- Manufacturers stamp their logo on the soap to authenticate it.
Unexpected Benefits of Marseille soap for the skin
There are several options for skin care. I prefer to use
Best natural body wash (Melt and pour)
Tools: Double boiler, measuring cup, measuring spoons
Ingredients: 2 tbsp shredded Marseille soap, 2 tsp honey, 1 cup of boiling water, 10 drops of Orange essential oil.
Melt 2 tbsp shredded Marseille soap in a double boiler (water bath.) Stir in the honey; continue to stir until you have a paste. Pour in 1 cup of boiling water and stir again. Add 10 drops of orange essential oil. Keep only for three weeks.
Let cool and fill in a decorative glass bottle
Benefits of the Marseille soap all natural body wash:
- Naturally absorbs excess oil
- Pulls bacteria and toxins to the surface of the skin
- Gently exfoliates away dead skin cells and sebum
- Nourishes the skin with minerals
- Treats acne prone skin
- Nourishes skin cells by increasing circulation
- Shrinks large pores and removes impurities
thph balance o the skin
- Prevents allergies and irritations
- Heals and rejuvenates
- Healing and rejuvenating
My personal experience with hair loss and…
How I fixed my hair loss
Things didn’t get easier when we could not find a temporary apartment. The landlords did not want to rent to a family with a baby or a cat. We had both. Consequently, we
Here is what I did:
I discarded all my hair products and started to shampoo my hair with Marseille soap, followed by a cold half and half water-ACV rinse, as the French women do. To my surprise, my hair changed immediately. It became shiny, easy to handle and within a few weeks – no more hair loss. I was stunned and of course happy. I still wash my hair with the Marseille soap.
Stain Remover any many more things.
I use this anti-bacterial, pure, and gentle soap as a
- Body soap
- Laundry detergent
- Insect repellent
- Stain Remover any many more things.
5 lbs of olive oil soap (see where to buy below)
14 teaspoons of French clay
10 drops of lavender essential oil
- Place water into a shallow saute pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Place a heavy bottomed
sauce paninto water.
- Cut five pounds of olive oil soap base into squares and place into
- Stir until base begins to melt.
- Once melted, add 14 teaspoons of French clay and 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Pour mixture into
soapmold and allow to set for 4 to 5 hours.
- Once set, remove from mold and cut into squares following lines of mold.
- Wrap in parchment and then in
decorativepaper of your choice.
Makes 18 bars of soap
Thank you for reading this post. I hope that you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you. Please sign up and let us get to know each other.
Take care and be safe,