The Best Beauty Masks – you can’t do without
101 Masking – Everything you need to know about natural beauty masks
When I want to escape my daily routine, I go to my kitchen, open the pantry and refrigerator, and selecting all the necessary ingredients to make a powerful beauty mask. Face masks are one of my favorite skin care products. I am a fan of natural, homemade masks. They’re easy to make, fun to use, and deliver great results. Not only, will my skin look revitalized and feel rejuvenated, I also experience that great feel-good phenomenon.
Here is what I find in my pantry. These ingredients combine to make a nutrient rich, natural beauty masks.
“This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.” Thank you!
All ingredients are fresh, natural and very easy to obtain. They are free from chemicals and other dangerous ingredients, such as BHA
Although in recent years beauty masks have had a major comeback, and product offerings are enormous, I still believe in
Should I use a face mask?
Absolutely! I have been using face masks for years and have good looking skin, without many wrinkles, and tight pores. I wash and shower daily with natural honey, my liquid gold, and exfoliate with ground up oatmeal and coffee grounds. Many times, I wash my face with buttermilk. These are easy daily routines, but I still do my face m
How to apply a face mask?
- Step 1: Skin masks are messy. So, prepare yourself. I use a towel or a headband (much easier) and wrap my hair. I don’t want any of the masks in my hairline. If your mask contains honey, and many of the ones I am suggesting do, it’s going to be a sticky situation. Wear clothes which can be soiled. I like to take a bath and relax so I am not worried about the mess.
- Step 2: It is important that you cleanse your face before you apply the mask. Beauty masks draw out impurities so if the pores are clogged with makeup, oil, and dirt the mask won’t work. I use ground up oatmeal and coffee and wash with buttermilk. The oatmeal gets rid of old skin and is an amazing exfoliator. The buttermilk provides extra nourishment.
- Step 3: Using damp hands gently apply the mask directly onto your damp face. I use a brush, whenever the consistency of the masks allows it. Don’t forget your neck. Do not apply the mask around the eye area.
- Step 4: I leave the
home made, natural mask on for about 20 to 30 minutes to get the full benefit. To get the feel-good factor I recommend that you lie down, read a book, watch TV, or take a relaxing bath. Taking a bath has one more benefit – No mess.
- Step 5: When you are ready to remove the mask, gently wash it off with lukewarm water or buttermilk. Pat dry. Again, I use buttermilk
What types of masks to I use?
Face masks improve the overall appearance and health of your skin. Face masks fall into 7 Categories: Hydrating, firming, exfoliating, healing, moisturizing, clay and sheet masks
DIY homemade sheet mask:
This is what you need
- Draw the shape of your face onto the cheesecloth
- Mark eyes, nose and mouth
- Cut openings for eyes, nose, and mouth
- Spread your mask onto the cheesecloth and apply to the face
- This is
especialpractical if you make a mask from fruits such as papaya, strawberries etc.
- Wash after use ( do not bleach
Not all masks or skins are created equal. First, you must decide on your skin type. Second, decide if you want to use commercial masks or if you want to make your own. Natural masks do not have any dangerous preservatives such as S LS, BHA, or parabens, thus they are very safe for you and your skin.
Hydrating and Firming Mask
Ingredients you’ll need:
- ½ tsp agar agar powder (firms and moisturizes)
- 1 TBS natural, organic raw honey (amazing moisturizer)
- 1 egg
Mix all ingredients into a paste and apply onto the damp face. Wash off with buttermilk or lukewarm water.
Date Mask (firming) Leave out the Honey and many of your wrinkles disappear
The benefit of honey for your skin
- Glowing skin
Benefits of agar agar powder for the skin
- Softens skin
- Moisturizes skin
- Rich in minerals
- Exfoliates skin
Anti- wrinkle mask
Ingredients you’ll need
- 2 bananas
- 1 TBS natural, organic, raw honey
- ¼ cup yogurt
Step 1. Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl
Step 2 Add honey and yogurt to the banana puree
Step 3 Mix well
Step 4 Apply with a damp brush onto the
Step 5 After 20 minutes gently wash off the mask with
buttermilk or lukewarm water. Pat dry
You may use this mask 2 – 3 times a week
Benefits of bananas for the skin:
- Skin whitening
Ingredients you need:
- Tomato Juice
- Crème Fraiche
Mix both ingredients together to make a smooth paste
Excellent anti-aging and anti-wrinkle mask which you may use daily.
Benefits of tomato for skin complexion
- Tomato juice is an excellent toner
- Cures acne
- Tightens pores
- Lightens skin
- Balances the pH value
Avocado rejuvenating creme
One of my favorite masks
4 TBS avocado oil
Pinch of sea salt
1 tsp natural lemon juice
1 tsp Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
Separate egg white. Use a hand mixer or blender. Add the avocado oil, a few drops at a time, to the egg yolk, constantly mixing until you have mayonnaise.
Add sea salt, lemon juice, and vinegar
Beat egg white to firm consistency of “snow peaks”
Combine the egg yolk mixture with the egg white snow
Fill in a glass container and refrigerate
Thank you for reading this post. I hope that you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you. Please sign up and let us get to know each other.
This post contains